Thursday 18 July 2013

Thai prawn Curry

I am about to wine and dine four girls tonight, and being open to experiment I am allowed to cook whatever I see fit, which is quite exciting in its own sense, there are no briefs or special requirements that need to be executed, which is just the way I like to cook. It's completely Carte Blanche.

Being naturally inspired by Thai cuisine, which is my all time favorite, I am thrilled to roll with this theme. Thai red prawn curry is on my cooks list, and I am in raptures at gnawing at a spicy prawn- soaked in sauce, and filled with fusion. I was lucky enough to get my hands on some really decently sized prawns from Food Lovers, although frozen, good- enough to make this an award winning supper surprise.

Thai red prawn curry

Prep time: 10 min    cooking time: 40 min   Serves: 6


Ingredients

  • red curry paste
  • 2 stalks lemon grass (chopped)
  • 1 red chili
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2x 400g can coconut milk
  • small bag of mange toute
  • 4 jarred red peppers in oil
  • kaffir lime leaves (dried)
  • splash of fish sauce
  • splash soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • a thumb sized piece of ginger
  • a bunch of fresh coriander
  • 12 whole raw tiger prawns (de-veined, topped and tailed)
  • 2 limes
  • Seasoning
Method:

In a saute pan, or heavy based pan, add your curry paste and fry off until the oil separates. Add the lemongrass, chili and garlic.Add the coconut milk and allow the flavors to infuse.Add the mange toute and jarred peppers with the oil, until softened. Then add the kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Grate the ginger before adding to the curry, then add the fresh coriander and allow to cook for 10 min before adding the prawns.cook for a further 30 min. Add the limes before serving. Season.

Serve with jasmine rice infused with green tea.

Enjoy x x

No comments:

Post a Comment