Monday 22 April 2013

Pizza-Pizzaz!







Its inspiring how many of you have asked me how to make your own pizza dough. Do not fear- when I was first starting out as a growing gourmet, I also thought that it were only ever something you ordered from your local pizzeria and the fussy mess of it all was too time consuming to possibly make your own.

There is nothing better than lazy days, where going out to your local pizzeria just isnt an option- and I like that. I like improvising with what I have in my kitchen, because I love to cook, and I love food, and I love Pizza.

I have titled this post Pizza-Pizzaz,  because like fashion and style its the one thing in food that you can label as your own, top any ingredient on your round of dough and tailor make it to your perfection. A world class designer! Almost anything goes, from classic to new-age: be creative!

Pizza dough


Prep time: 1hr 10min  Makes: 1kg dough (about 8 pizza)

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 packets dry yeast
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tsp coarse sea salt
  • 4 cups all purpose flour (+ for floured service)
Method:

In a large bowl, add the water and yeast together until foamy- for about 5min. Whisk together the sugar, oil and salt before adding it to the yeast mixture.Add the flour and mix until sticky and doughy. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in a warm place to prove for about an hour.

After an hour, place on a floured surface and knead a few time before rolling. Roll out equal rounds of dough and place your desired toppings on, before baking in the oven for 10min.

Enjoy x x 






No comments:

Post a Comment