Thursday 18 April 2013

Autumnal fancies

I am a Summer girl, but there are a few things that I get really excited for around this time of year.

chunky scarves

pumpkin

Stews

fires

cute little gloves

marshmellows on a BBQ

boots

Frosty grass and icicles

stews and hotpots

wild mushrooms.

I love Autumn. I love mushrooms. I love this time of year! Unsurprisingly mushies are not everybodies humble veg, but their versatility suits me quite well. I am proud to be a feign to the shroom. The more eclectic they look the more I adopt them. There is a strong reason as to why they are more commonly used for medicinal reasons in Japenese cooking- because they are simply quite good for you!

I wouldnt have chanterelles or Oyster mushrooms in my salad,thats pushing it, which is why I like them so. Pungenat as they seem, they are in fact a flavour enhancer when combined with other food. Chanterelles are my specific favorite, because their vibrant yellow is like sunshine: bright to sight and easy to digest. Thrown in a risotto or as a sauce to steak, you wont be wronged- Chanterelles are a bit like Chanel- classy to touch.

Here is my recipe for you:


Creamy Chanterelle Risotto

Serves 4          Prep Time:  10  Cook Time:30



Ingredients:


  • 2tbsp butter
  • 2 shallots
  • I garlic clove (chopped)
  • 300g arborio Rice
  • 250ml white wine
  • 500g Chanterelle Mushrooms
  • 1 tsp thyme leaves (fresh)
  • 4tbsp grated parmesan
  • 1 litre chicken stock
  • Parmesan shavings to serve
Method:

In a saucepan, heat the butter, chopped shallots and garlic.Allow to cook for 5 min, until the shallots have softened and browned slightly. Add the rice and stir- making sure that the rice is well coated.Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed.Continue by adding the mushrooms and thyme, stirring occasionally before adding in half the stock.Keep stirring until thick enough and the rice has absorbed most of the stock, add parmesan cheese before the remaining stock. Remove from heat. Serve immediately and garnish with shavings.


Enjoy x x 








No comments:

Post a Comment