Wednesday 30 January 2013

Power Munch Muesli


Muesli is a power tool breakfast, its can be topped off nicely with yoghurt, honey or fruit compote. Its variations are vast, but here I have tried to add the goodness that is often missed with store bought versions. If this doesnt satisfy your breakfast pangs- I'm not sure what will.


I can't get enough of yoghurt and muesli in the morning, not because I am trying to be healthy, although that helps too, but more because I dont have a local patisserie where I currently am, so breakfast options are limited.I would love to nosh on a chocolat pain or some insanely rich almond filled croissant, but that for one is not good for the derrier and two its not exactly heart-healthy. 


Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup barley flakes
  • 1 cup rye flakes/ bran flakes
  • 1 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 cup dried apricots
  • 1 cup dried banana
  • half cup almonds (whole)
  • half cup pecan nuts (toasted)
  • handful shelled pumkin seeds
  • handful linseeds
  • handful sunflower seeds
  • half cup raisins
  • halp cup coconut chips
  • half cup dried pineapple

 Method:
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and combine.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Scatter on a large baking tray and roast for 10-15min. Allow to cool for 10min before serving.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment