Tuesday 29 January 2013

Do yourself a Dhania!




For those unfamiliar folk, Dhania is also know as coriander or cilantro (of course if you're an American you would say this more expressively), but I like to call it Dhania, because it makes me feel like I know what I am talking about to people who dont.Lets hope I do.And no- Im not American.

This humble herb is often misplaced as Parsley and is often given the boot like some bad egg at your dinner party table, its often found in curries and there is a blerrie could reason for it. It destinctive flavours can often "make" a dish. I like coriander, its perfumery is astounding in almost anything, here I have done a fabulous dip, for dunking of course.

Coriander Dunkin-Dip

Ingredients:
  • 1 large, ripe avocado
  • 1 tub creme fresh
  • 1 cup coriander (chopped)
  • juice of 1 large lemon (freshly squeezed) 
  • seasoning
Method:

With a sharp knife, halve the avo and scrap it out of its skin. Soften it with a spoon if you need to. In a food processor or with a hand held blender, mush it up further on a high speed, add the creme fresh,coriander and lemon juice, blend to combine.. Add the salt and pepper (to taste). Serve.

Enjoy with crisps, pitta breads, in salads or with chicken breasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment