Thursday 15 November 2012

a salty-sweety

All too often we rush around other people, rather than making a little time for ourselves. I am selfish that way. I need me-time more often than not and when I do have this option I am left to the wonders of my kitchen. I always try to think and conjure up recipes that will be different, ones's that will be a crowd pleaser. 

It so happened that this recipe was just that. I not going to brag about how good I am, or how I think my recipes are better than anybody's else's  or how this recipe was a winner and  all this blah-blah we get pressured into telling you. Truth is, I am just a girl trying to find her way around a kitchen. Exploring if you like, with flavours, stories and kitchen- conundrums.





Salted chocolate truffles 

Yields: 36 squares  or 18 rectangles          Prep: 3hours
 Ingredients
  • 180ml thick pouring cream
  • 600g dark chocolate (best quality), finely chopped
  • Sea salt flakes (for sprinkling)
Method:


In a small saucepan bring the cream to the boil. Add the chocolate and stir with a spoon until all dissolved  ensuring that all the chocolate has melted and your texture is a smooth one. Pour into a lined square tin (20cmx20xm) whilst hot and allow to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours until firm but not solid-hard. Bring to room temperature before removing from tin. Cut into small squares or long rectangles if you like. 

Love G.chews

No comments:

Post a Comment